Friday, March 21, 2008

Finally Home

I got home late yesterday afternoon and there aren't enough words to describe my first trip to WPPI. It was all that I expected and so much more. I got to meet a ton of photographers and it's great to be surrounded by people who have the same passion as you. I met a few photographers that I look up to including Mike Colon (again...he sort of remembered me), Jessica Claire, [b]ecker, Jesh De Rox, Jasmine Star, Kevin Kubota, and Dennis Reggie to name a few.

My first day in Vegas was spent attending any and every seminar that was available that day and I learned sooo much. I look at my photography in a totally different way now. I've set some personal goals for myself to push myself even harder this year. One of the many things I'm going to do is to start shooting personal projects more, not just weddings, to keep the creative juices flowing!

A few more changes:

1. Switching to Raw from Jpeg... I know it's geek stuff to you but is now extremely important to me.
2. In the next month or two a new online proofing system will be available to view your images online. It's so cool and totally fits my style.
3. I am also going to start offering a cool new album from a company called Lavie. They are a little pricey but totally worth it!

I know I said I was going to take tons of pictures but I honestly forgot to pull my camera out all weekend. I was so focused on learning everything there and meeting everyone, that I forgot take any photos. Oh well...i'm off to get ready for my wedding tomorrow! I have another wedding and a few sessions to post also so look out for those soon. It's starting to get really busy around here. Isn't wedding season great!

I did manage to get one off...Shot of Paris Hotel:

1 comment:

Pat said...

Super jealous, sounds like a successful trip. I am 100% there in 2009. Sweet tower shot.