Monday, April 14, 2008

Kim & Mark : Wedding

I'm so glad wedding season is here again. I'm getting really busy right now and that's just the way I like it! I love shooting people and I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else right now!

I had never me the bride or groom before this wedding. I think I may have spoken to Kim a few times over the phone but we had never met face to face. Needless to say, when I showed up for her wedding she treated me as if we had know each other for years. She confessed though that she does check my blog alot and got a great sense of my personality from my past posts. It's great to know that I'm not just posting images and writing to myself, lol.

I could genuinley feel the love between these two on there wedding day and there is nothing that makes me happier than shooting two people who are really into each other. I was able to get a lot of great portraits of these two. Here are a few of my favorites from the day!

I love shooting details:





The beautiful bride:





Kim's bridal party were so fun and full of energy:



Here's the handsome groom:



The godfather shot!







I love this shot. Everyone's doing there own thing and it's very casual:



It's also fun to set up cool shots like this as well:





What made this wedding so special for Mark and Kim was that they made most of the weddings decorations themselves! Mark even baked the wedding cake, check it out!!







I love this moment. Mark had just given a speech after the toast to his new bride:



A few more great portraits:







Thank you so much for having me out you guys! I had so much fun and I am very thankful that you trusted me to shoot your special day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does feel like we write for ourselves sometimes huh? So I thought I would show you some blog love.

I love details too. They are such an important part of the wedding.

Rachel Brooke said...

I love the creaminess of these images! Their kiss at the ceremony is a beautiful shot you captured and I love the flower shots too!

Anonymous said...

They look amazing. I can't wait to see the rest!

Anonymous said...

Great wedding! Great photos!

Anonymous said...

Hey Akil, you are an awesome photographer! These pictures look great! If I have any friends getting married in Houston I'll be sure to let them know about you. Glad you get to do what you love!!
-Lynh (Sister of Kim and now Mark)