Friday, April 18, 2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I'm usually a very tough critic on movies. I know that there are some movies that are made to make you think, some to make you laugh, others just to entertain, while a few slip through that are just plain awful :( I loved making short films in college and though I don't really have the time to do a lot of it right now, I still dream about making movies again someday. It's times like this though that inspire me to start up again.

Tonight I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I felt obligated to share how much I loved this movie. I haven't seen a really good movie in a while, I was kinda holding off going to the movies till this summer (you know, when all the big blockbuster movies come out). I'm glad my friends decided to go tonight because this movie is hilarious!

It's sweet, funny, entertaining, and engaging all at the same time... pretty much everything you'd expect from a Judd Apatow flick (Knocked Up, 40 year Old Virgin, Superbad). I was really surprised at how quickly I felt something for the main character Peter, played by Jason Segel and how fast I was invested in the story. I don't think a hurricane could have pried me away from finishing this movie. I laughed from the beginning to the end, and even some on the car drive home!

If you have time this weekend go check it out. While the type of humor may not be for everyone, which you may very well know if you have seen any of the films listed above, I think it is still worth watching. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think after you see it. I promise it'll be worth it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.