Thursday, May 22, 2008

Who need's Blockbuster?

My friends and I have an ongoing joke that if they ever need to rent a movie that they should just come over to my house. Over the past 4 years I have amassed a huge collection of movies that I very proudly showcase in my living room. Some people collect coins, others baseball cards, why not movies I say?

I just started buying Blu-Ray movies and that movie collection is slowly but surely growing as well. Every time I go to Fry's I check the Blu-Ray section to see what's on sell (meaning $25 or less) and grab a copy off the shelf. But with HD quality movies now being offered on iTunes, I wonder if this will be a waste of time and if I should switch to totally digital which was made a lot easier for me since my Apple T.V. purchase!! I think I'll miss having a hard copy that I can touch and feel though, and I know I'll miss all the extra's that come with the DVD like the Director's commentary and extra scenes. Regardless on what I decide, I think movie nights will continue to be at my house for a while!!





This isn't even all of them, I have another box full of them in my room... ran outta space :(

1 comment:

me said...

Beautiful pictures on your blog. Awesome dvd collection. You can never go wrong with Jurassic Park. =)